Friday, February 11, 2011

Sick!


We've been sick around here!
Reese and I got the flu last week and it totally kicked my tail. I don't think I've ever gotten it in my life.  I'm pretty sure I'd remember that nastiness!  I was literally on the couch for a solid week. And I still have a yucky cough.  Reese did a little better than me, but she still has a runny nose and cough too.  She was pretty pitiful.  God bless Jeremy!  It was his first week at his new job and he was working from home and taking care of all of us.  He likes his new job by the way:)

So I had some thoughts on the flu that I wanted to share.  Many people have asked, "So now that you've had the flu, are you going to get the flu shot from now on?" And the answer is no.  Although I did contemplate it for half a second:) I went to my acupuncturist this week and we were talking about the flu. He had it too. He said something that really made sense to me and I wanted to share it with you.  He is always concerned about the people who come into his office and say they've never been sick a day in their life.  Those are the people that come in at 50 years old with cancer.  You see, our bodies are storing lots of toxins and junk.  If we get sick, we purge a lot of it.  So no sickness, equals no way out for the yuck that we are exposed to constantly.  Deleon, my acupuncturist, thinks it's perfectly normal to get two colds a year.  Toxins in, toxins out.  

So, the flu was a huge purger for me:) And I totally agree with Deleon!

By the way, I can't remember if I've blogged about it or not...I've seen great results from acupuncture!! Praise the Lord!!  I have had significantly less migraines!  I think I'm down to about 2 a month.  From 2 a week.  HUGE!!

No comments: