Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Helllooooooo

Yes, Jeremy and Aunt Gale are getting after me, so I better do some catching up on here!  I have so many pictures to go through, so this post won't have any.  Bummer.

We did move in to our new house at the beginning of April, and I am still trying to get us settled.  This time it seems like there's so much to do!  We are loving, loving, loving the location.  It is soooooo much closer to everything.  I have so much more time during the day at home.  The house, let's call it our cozy little cottage, ahem, is taking some getting used to.  It's a lot smaller.  I didn't think it would feel like it was that much smaller, but it does.  And I don't really like that.  Just keepin it real.  So it's cozy, and I'm still trying to figure out where to put this and that.  I've gotten rid of TWO vans full of stuff too.  We have an awesome back yard and Reese spends most of her time out there:)  Piper has a friend next door.  And that is a huge blessing!

  Have I told you lately how amazing our friends and families are?  Seriously ah-mazing.  My mom and sisters came up to help tie up the loose ends at the rental and we unpacked most of the kitchen while they were here. Tracie helped on BOTH ends.  She came up and packed for several days and then came back the week after we moved in to help me unpack.  I can't live without her.  Then, my inlaws, oh my inlaws.  What in the world would we do without them?!  There are no words.  They packed us, unpacked us and everything in between.  Papa has been up here several times a week for the past several weeks working on our yard, putting in new faucets, toilets, and sinks.  They are beyond incredible.  I am so thankful.  And to top it all off, our precious church family here moved us and helped us unpack.  And clean. And they brought food. And lastly, my friend Lisa came up to help me get started on decorating. THANK YOU ALL!!!  We are SO blessed!

  School is winding down for the girls.  Their last day is Friday!  They are totally excited and ready for a break.  We all are.  They will be doing some summer school in June and August.  Their teacher just wants to keep up a little because they lose so much during the summers off.  It will be short and sweet and just a few days a week.  I think it will help them not get as bored for the summer. They have done so, so well this year and are above grade level!  We are very proud of their diligence.

  Last but not least, Can you please pray for Reesee?  She has been sick for three weeks now.  We are fairly certain she has whooping cough but we are still waiting on the results to come back.  She is pitiful.  There's lots of coughing and throwing up at the end of the coughing.  And the gasping for air during the cough.  It's no fun.  Pertussis is going around the schools here and she has picked it up. ( And no, my girls are not vaccinated.  But most of the kids in the schools that have it were.  And yes, I still stand by my decision to not vaccinate them.  I knew this was a risk.  Maybe I'll write more about this later:))
  Yesterday she started the antibiotic that would be given if she does have pertussis.  She is still pretty sick, but it might be helping a little.  Please pray it does.  The nurse practitioner told me today that the next step will be the hospital.  She is very, very contagious if she does have pertussis.  So I am keeping her away from everybody until we know for sure.  We've all been sick with various things, but she is definitely having the hardest time.

  So there's an update of what's been going on the past two months!  I owe you lots of pictures.  From Gage to Piper's Birthday to soccer and lots in between!

No comments: