Thursday, March 7, 2013

Guilt

A week ago I started writing out a post that is raw for me and involves what God has been teaching me this year.  It includes the word that I believe the Lord gave me for this year and how he has already been calling me to exercise that word.  But I can't seem to finish it.  Then today, I read a FB post by my friend Carrie.  And oh it was on this topic...


Guilt

That word. It plagues me. This is the definition from wikipedia: Guilt is a cognitive or an emotional experience that occurs when a person realizes or believes—accurately or not—that he or she has compromised his or her own standards of conduct or has violated a moral standard, and bears significant responsibility for that violation.[1] It is closely related to the concept of remorse.

Does anyone hear me?  Mom guilt. I don't live up to this person's standard, that persons idea of the mom I should be, I am not a good enough wife, I don't cook enough, I just spent too much money, I travel too much...the list goes on and on.  Well it's SIN and it needs to STOP. The guilt needs to stop.  WHY do we do this to ourselves? Why do I do this to myself?  I am here to please One and One only,My FATHER GOD.  He loves me and sees me as perfect.  Whew!! Why do I feel guilty then?  Because I lose sight of the ONE I am supposed to please. 

For far too long I have been so entrenched in guilt that I haven't been able to see the cross. The see my Lord's finished work for me.  I cannot serve two masters! "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and man." Matthew 6:24

I am totally convinced that guilt is one of satan's most powerful tools to keep us from our heavenly father who loves us and accepts us just as we are. Do you see the, "or not" part of the definition?  A lot of the time, satan makes me feel guilty for stuff where there is no foundation! I am going to stop giving him this power.  

Today was a rough day. I was giving into guilt a lot. Thankfully, God has provided friends here to encourage me in the truth and to pray with me.  Friends are such a means of grace.  And so is God's Word.  

I want you to go and read this post http://tinyurl.com/bd3ga7b

AND THEN BE FREE!!!!

No comments: