Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Chris Tomlin

  Last Thursday was one of those days that I looked forward to for a long time, for more than a year actually.  We got to go to another Chris Tomlin concert!  I had been looking forward to it since November of 2007, when we went to the last Tomlin concert.  There's just nothing like it friends.  Worshipping God all night, praising His holy name with tons of other believers.  Sheer joy!

  For this concert, I got a special offer in the CD case when Tomlin's Hello Love CD came out last fall.  There was this code in it that you could use to go online and order your tickets.  Like super early-7 months in advance.  You didn't know where your seats would be, but they ensured you they would be good ones.  So I did it!  I would never do this for anything else, too much of a risk, but hey, for Chris, I'm in!  So to my delight, my tickets came in the mail in December and what do you know...front row baby!!  I couldn't believe it!  They definitely delivered on their promise!

  Israel Houghton and New Breed opened the concert for Tomlin.  Jeremy really enjoyed them.  Lisa and I were too busy wondering how long it would be till Chris came out:)  After about 45 mins and a 20 min intermission, he finally got the show on the road.  We heard all the awesome songs we were hoping for and then some.  Amazing Grace, my chains are gone, Jesus Messiah, I will rise, your grace is enough, how great is our God...
The one that really spoke to me this time was 

  Here are the lyrics:
         God Of This City lyrics

Verse1
You’re the God of this City
You’re the King of these people
You’re the Lord of this nation
You are

Verse2
You’re the Light in this darkness
You’re the Hope to the hopeless
You’re the Peace to the restless
You are

There is no one like our God
There is no one like our God

Chorus
For greater things have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done in this City
Greater thing have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done in this City

Verse1

Verse2

There is no one like our God
There is no one like our God

Chorus

For greater things have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done in this City
Greater things have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done here

There is no one like our god
There is no one like our God

Chorus

Greater things have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done in this City
Greater things have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done here     


Amen!!  It was a sweet reminder from the Lord that He is totally in control of what is going on around us.  He cares for us and greater things have yet to come!  He is Lord of us!

Chris spoke about a project they are doing called One Million Can   They are reaching out to minister to those in need all across the world through this project, knowing that one million people, pulling together can help make a difference.   There are several projects within this large one.  Building houses for rescued child soldiers, building villages for refugees, building a life and a future for rescued sex slaves, and providing life saving surgeries for children.  These are just a few of them.  Go check it out and see how God can use you and your family.

ps.  I don't have any pictures cause I was too lazy to lug my camera to the concert.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Amen to that. I loved the concert! That time of praise was so great! I was sooo touched by the child soldiers who noone knows what to do with. One million can!! Please Lord use us!!

PS: I have pics I can send you if you want to use them. =)

Lindsay said...

yeah, send me the pics!!