Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sugar, Sugar

Thank you ALL for your encouragement as we move.  Whether you posted on here, or facebook, emailed, or called, we are so appreciative!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two weeks ago I went sugar free.  That means no sweet tea, no Dr.Pepper, no chocolate, no baked goods, no nothing! They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right???  I've known for a long time that I needed to do this, and I couldn't put it off any longer.  I've seen GREAT results from acupuncture and eating better, but I've never given up sugar.

So I was at a friend's house after giving it up for a week and she was asking me if I could tell a difference.  I said, "No, I don't feel any better!"  And Jeremy turned around and said, "I see a huge difference!  You are A LOT nicer!"  Come to think of it, he is right.  You know if you've been reading here for long, that I am very open about my struggle with anger.  It's not your average anger, I can tell you that.  But without sugar....I am a different person.  I am much more calm and patient.  The other day I did a little growl in the kitchen when I couldn't fit one more piece of tupperware in the slam-packed cabinet.  Jeremy laughed at me and said that, that was the first time he'd heard me get upset in a week and a half!  Pretty amazing huh?!

Now, I'm not saying that sugar is an excuse for me to sin in anger.  But I am saying that obviously sugar contributes poorly to my mental and emotional well being.  So even though I have a long way to go in dealing with my anger, removing sugar is a great start! Have you ever said to someone, "I know I am yelling at my kids and I just can't stop myself." Or "I know I'm really angry and I've been praying about this for years and I can't seem to make any headway"  You need to consider removing sugar!

I was thrilled to see this article over at (in)courage this week, on this very thing.  

I still really want sugar, but I don't crave it.  There are many things I miss.
But as far as Jeremy is concerned, I'll never have sugar again:)

No comments: