Sunday, March 23, 2008

My Savior


Alas and did my Savior bleed

And did my Sovereign die

Would He devote that sacred head for such a worm as I?

Was it for sins that I had done He groaned upon that tree?

Amazing pity, grace unknown, and love beyond degree.


My God, why would You shed your blood, so pure and undefiled

To make a sinful one like me, Your chosen precious child?


Well might the sun in darkness hide and shut His glories in,

When Christ, the mighty Maker died for man the creature's sin;

Thius might I hide my blushing face while His dear cross appears,

Dissolve my heart in thankfulness and melt my eyes to tears.


My God why would you shed Your blood, so pure and undefiled,

To make a sinful one like me, Your chosen, precious child?



Oh Lord, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Hallelujah! HE IS RISEN!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Thank you Lindsay for your constant reminder to look to the Cross! My eyes have been re-focused and my heart is so much lighter! Love ya'