Wednesday, February 25, 2009

40 DAYS for Life is back!!!

The spring 40 days for life campaign starts today!!  So get ready to do some serious praying for the unborn, their moms and dads, and the abortion mills.  God saved 1, 128 babies!!!! during the fall campaign.  Incredible!

Here is the post I got today from the leader:  Pay special attention to the verses that were shared.  How encouraging!!  I am so often wondering why God would allow abortion.  And here is a good explanation, right from His Word.

If enthusiasm means anything, then the spring 40 Days
for Life campaign getting under way today is going to
be HUGE!!

Here is some of the early feedback I've received...

"I will be at the vigil site every Tuesday from 8:30
to 12:30 as a team leader. I need your prayers. I
hardly know any one and I am not a good public
speaker. But I am saying YES! I am so on fire I can
hardly stand it!"

--Sarah, South Carolina

"We are truly gaining momentum on sign-ups for the
vigil at one of the most notorious abortion centers
in the Midwest. This is our first time doing this and
the effort, both local and nationally, has gripped
our hearts."

--Mike, Illinois

I've heard from people discerning what to do in light
of the 2008 elections. One of the key reasons for
optimism is found in 40 Days for Life: HOPE!

Hope is such an important part of our message! Who is
it that has abortions? People who have lost all hope.
Who has God called to bring real hope? In truth, God
has called YOU!

"After the November election, many of us involved in
pro-life were so discouraged and found the outcome
difficult to understand. I wanted to share a
scripture that has helped me..."

--Audra, Colorado

The passage Audra cited is 2 Corinthians 1:9-11:

"Why, we felt that we had received the sentence of
death; but that was to make us rely not on ourselves
but on God who raises the dead; he delivered us from
so deadly a peril, and he will deliver us; on him we
have set our hope that he will deliver us again. You
also must help us by prayer, so that many will give
thanks on our behalf for the blessing granted us in
answer to many prayers."

Jennifer in Cherry Hill, New Jersey has seen that
hope firsthand. She told me the 40 Days for Life team
in Cherry Hill, New Jersey was well into preparations
for this campaign on January 22, the date of the
annual March for Life in Washington. As they were
unable to attend the event, they decided instead to
pray at the local abortion facility during the time
the marchers were gathering in Washington.

While they were praying, a couple stopped and talked
to them, but continued into the clinic. A half hour
later, the man came out to talk some more. He went
back in -- and then the couple left together.

"They decided to keep their baby," said Jennifer. "We
were so excited and felt it was a sign of hope and a
confirmation that we can stop abortion through
40 Days for Life."



As soon as I get a prayer list for each specific day, I will share it with you.
Let's get on our knees!

No comments: