Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Snow Play

Isn't it so cool that with all this technology, God still surprises us with things like snow?:) The weather guys seemed quite surprised this morning as they talked about all the white stuff.



Of course, the girls were super excited to go out asap this morning.  It was sooooo cold.  I am sure all of you know cause you were out with your own kids:)

Snow around the property...In case you are wondering, the Holleman's house is to the left and the Balts' is to the right..and the Lucas' is back there in the woods...
I think we got about an inch
Ellie belly loved the snow
They played out there for about an hour.  I could only stand it for 30 minutes:)
Pipes was liked it, but she was pretty cold like her momma.
Crazy Daddy!
My prince charming and best dad in the whole wide world
Getting our snow for snow cream
All the kids (Jeremy included in that) threw lots of snow balls at each other
Here they are building a snow man.  But this was not good snow for that, so they built a snow lump...
Here they are trying to name their pitiful creation.  I think they went with snow baby?
Inside warming up and eating snow cream...  But why do we eat something so cold after freezing our tails off outside?  That's what I asked J.  But you just have to, it's part of what we do.  And it tastes soooo yummy!

Now that we've had our little snow, I am eagerly anticipating this 60 degree weather we are supposed to get this weekend!  20-60 in three days, only in NC!  Gotta love it!

1 comment:

Denise said...

This looks like so much fun! I love Jeremy on the trampoline. What a fun dad!

Tell me how you make snow cream! We're too far south in Georgia to get snow, but I can hope our next duty station will be somewhere that gets actual winters!