Saturday, October 17, 2009

The BIG 30

On October 3rd I turned the BIG 30!

Jeremy asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday. I thought about it for a day or two and asked for a day at the Biltmore with some girlfriends. He was happy to grant my wish so off we went to one of the most magical places!

I've never been before! I know, can you believe that? I simply can't imagine living in a house that big. You would think they were giants since everything is so grand. I would feel like a little mouse in there!

They said they built the house so big because they did lots of entertaining. Wow! That takes hospitality to a while new level!
I thought, well they must have had tons of kids. But no, they only had one! One kid! For all this space.

Here we are at the front entrance to the mansion getting ready to go in...
Cindy, Lisa, Michelle, me, Tracie, and Kim


The house was really crowded when we were there. So it took us a good while to go through it. Here are some pics of us out on one of the side terraces.
Michelle and I

Lisa, Michelle, and Cindy

Okay, this picture has history:) It's Kim and I, dressed alike, as usual! The girls had fun picking on us. What can we say? We like the same stores and we often shop together. Typically, we don't mean to buy the same thing. One of us wears something and the other says, "Hmmm, I have that shirt too." And yes, I do have that shirt that she has on too:)

The architecture is amazing. Nothing, I mean nothing was left out when designing and building this home.
The front entrance. Sounds silly saying the front door:)

We could not have asked for a more beautiful day.
On the front lawn


After we toured the house we spent some time on the grounds...
This is the side of the house
We had lunch in the stables. The actual stables, everything is original. Behind Michelle's head is the hay thingy the horses ate out of.
This is the conservatory. The girls loved all the flowers and English Gardens. Me, I like nice, clean lines. Not the chaos of an english garden. I know, I'm all alone on that one:)

Last stop....the winery. It was a fun way to end the day.


These two had a little too much fun
I'm kidding:)

I do not like wine at all honestly. They said I'm not old enough yet:) Most of them didn't start liking it till they turned 35:) So I have some time. I did try two kinds that they talked me into. Yuck! The funniest part...I got carded! I was the only one. Ha ha haha.

The perfect ending to the day...We went to the Outback for dinner, Jeremy's treat!

Thank you babe for a wonderful birthday getaway. What a special day.
Thank you girls for a fun day to be together and enjoy one another at such a magical place. Love each of you!


No comments: