Saturday, October 17, 2009

Full

Grab a cup of joe or a glass of wine....It's going to take you a while to read all the new posts:) I am almost caught up!

Life has been so very full these past few months. We are learning and growing in our parenting and our marriage so we have been busy. Having a third child has really turned the Gibson house upside down! Don't get me wrong, we love it!, but it's been hard. My day to day life is completely different. I know you moms know what I am talking about. There's so much more to do in the same amount of time. And add homeschooling, Jeremy's busy schedule at work, and a major trial we are helping our dear friends work through...and you have a full life. God's grace is sufficient to help us and we are thankful that His mercies are new every morning.

I just turned 30 and I wanted to write a post about what God has been teaching me. But I can't seem to sit down and write it with everything going on, so I am going to do a condensed version.
The past few years have been full of circumstances the Lord has used to show me my weaknesses and my need for Him. He is teaching me to trust Him with everything. It's been hard but so so good. He has also taught me that my life is not my own. Nope, it's not mine. I have been bought with a price and I am called to glorify Him with my all. So that means surrendering everything. My job as a wife, my mothering and our finances. I am so tempted to do things on my own, in my own strength. But God is breaking me of that little by little. So as I was sitting in a women's meeting a couple of weeks ago I feel like God said, "Your life is not your own. I have brought you to this place of seeing this truth and now I am going to show you what your new life looks like." So I feel like this is going to be a big year of God teaching and showing me what it means to lay down my life for Him and for my family. I look forward to it.

If you think about it, can you please pray for us? I don't normally do this on my blog because that's not what it's intended for, but we are in serious spiritual warfare with some friends over their marriage. It has been a heartbreaking, humbling journey and we are just beginning to scratch the surface. There is so much pain to dig into. So much confusion and hurt. Sometimes I want to throw up my hands and shout, "God where are you???" But I know He's here and that He's working, for good. For this couple and for all of us. So please, please pray for this situation. We really appreciate it.


So onto what we've been up to:)

No comments: