Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Radical

Radical


God has been stirring things in my heart that I couldn’t muster up on my own. A few months ago I began sensing that the Lord has more than the American Dream in mind for my little family. A friend and I began talking about it and she suggested I listen to the Radical Series by David Platt. Whoa! It rocked.my.world. It really gave me a vision for God’s heart for the poor, sick, and orphaned around the world. I’d never heard much of this before and have only begun to think about my role in serving the poor and orphaned over the past few years. But now I have a passion to do it. I don’t really know what that looks like yet, but I am willing to go where God leads. Does this mean I am moving overseas? I don’t think so (it’s okay mom, you can loosen the grip on your chair now), but I am saying, “Wherever you lead me, I will go.” It’s really an amazing feeling to be able to say that and really mean it. Does it mean we will adopt? I imagine we will, but we both sense it will be in the future, not right away. But I am saying, “God, if you call me to adopt, I will obey.”

Much of being Radical is about how we spend our money. Are we spending it on bigger houses, nicer cars, etc... while 26,000 kids starve to death everyday? Think about that....26,000 kids are starving to DEATH EVERYDAY. And I want a new shirt, nicer van, an addition built onto my home. I am dumbfounded now by that thought. Not that any of those things are bad, but my mind is shifting to what’s truly necessary and what I can do without so that others can EAT.

I am really looking forward to how God is going to work in our little family to impact the world for His glory.


So, I dare you to go listen! Actually, I BEG you to. It will change your life. There are eight messages and they are an hour long. So yes, it will take you some time. But please at least listen to the first one and see what you think. We have to hear it and be moved to align our heart with the Lord's.



Now GO!!

RADICAL


If for some reason that link doesn't work, go to Brook Hills Church, It's in Alabama. Search Radical and it will come up. You can listen OR you can watch the videos.

No comments: