Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Abortion

This topic is not something most of us like to discuss. Lately I think God has been placing it on my heart to do something about it though! A dear friend of mine went to the pro-life rally downtown last week and she had the brochure sitting on her kitchen counter. I picked it up and started reading the articles. Honestly, I had to put it down because I couldn't get through it without breaking down. And it wasn't an appropriate time to break down into sobs. So she told me I could take the booklet home with me. I haven't gotten a chance to read much more yet but I have wanted to post one of the articles here for you all to read. I have had a hard time figuring out how to do it, so I hope it works this time.
I really have no idea who reads my blog. So if this offends you, I am sorry. But I will not appologize for bringing up this issue, because I believe it is the heart of God for us all to take a stand against abortion. Please read the article and consider how God would move you to action. I am praying through many things right now and seeking counsel from dear friends who are already active in stopping the murder of babies.
If you are reading my blog and you have had a abortion, please do not feel condemned. Christ died for that too! There is complete forgiveness in Him! Norma McCorvey, the Jane Roe of Roe v. Wade has become a believer and she trusts in God daily for forgiveness, as we all do and you can too. The worst sinner I know is writing this blog. He is gracious to grant us forgiveness!
Actually, I think I was just able to put the whole booklet on here! The atricle I referenced above is the very last one called "To End All Abortion, What If"
http://www.operationsaveamerica.org/brochures/acrobat/ToEndAllAbortion.pdf
I hope this moves your heart to action! We as the church must do something!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

This is such a timely post as it was just the 35th anniversary of Roe v. Wade.

Thank you for your post. :) I've been considering volunteering at the local crisis pregnancy care center.

I've enjoyed your blog, too. I hope this doesn't sound silly (remember, I found your blog by clicking the "next blog" button at the top of the blogs), but even if we never meet in this life, we will in the next. And how cool is that? :D

meghann said...

I too have have been more stirred in my heart than ever, to learn how I can help/serve in the stopping/preventing of abortion. I am so excited to learn more of what the Kovacs plan to do with the new pro-life ministry at church. I am proof that God CAN change hearts in this area...I at one time.a long time ago, was a staunch supporter of pro-choice and abortion, my body-my choice right?????. I KNOW God is at work changing hearts through people like the kovacs and ministries such as these....PRAISE GOD!!!!! im so excited to see HIM work!!!!

Wagener family fun said...

Remember the Benhams? There father is a huge supporter of pro-life and will do anything to get this point across to non-believers. You should check out some of his info. I believe that you can google Flipp Benham (I hope I have his name right?). They do a lot of things here localy and abroad.
I am excited to see the Lords work in your life in this area.

Lindsay said...

Thank you girls for you encouragement! Amanda, thank you for reading my blog. It would be a pleasure to meet you. I am going to check out your blog too:) Can't wait till heaven. We can worship together forever there!!
Meg, love that testimony! Our God is so good to change our hearts.
Shawna, I got that booklet off of Flip's site:) He is the one who wrote the booklet.

Spirit of Adoption said...

thanks for posting on this, sister, and taking the "not so easy road" to awareness and great conviction for the sake of the unborn! Good point about maybe some feeling condemned who might read this who have had an abortion. Never think that way b/c my mind is so not there b/c of the forgiveness in Christ, and I just assume anybody reading my blog would fall into that same category! : ( That's a HORRIBLE assumption and SO not true! So, thanks for making me more aware of that! Who is this "friend" you are referring to??