Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy Anniversary Buddy!

I have been trying to send this all day but image upload is down, it still is soooo...


My Love,

Happy Anniversary!! Nine years ago today we were wed! I was laying in bed last night with Gracie and she said, "Mommy, why did Daddy marry you?" I had to assure her that you trusted in God!

I am so glad you did marry me:) That you trusted the Lord to bring us together, though we are very different. I am so grateful to the Lord for placing us both at ECU at just the right time. It's pretty neat to ponder all the circumstances that He orchestrated to get us there at the same time. You are certainly the perfect man for me, in every way.

I would like to honor you this year for your diligence. It means "constant and persistent attention to one's work." I can't think of a better word to describe you over this past year. You have been so diligent. Of course you have been diligent at your full time job, but I am really talking about all the other hats that you wear, your other responsibilities. First of all, to our land development. I can't believe the time and attention you have had to devote to it. Much of the work has been added to you from other sources. Yet you have risen to the occasion and been so diligent to cross every "T" and dot every "I." I can say with confidence there is noone else I would trust to build my home! I know I'm biased but I know many would agree with me:) Then you also have another side job that you have worked very hard with. So much so that he keeps giving you more work! Just at a time when we needed it to make ends meet. Praise God that you were sensitive to the need to do this job. Yet with all this work you have been doing, we as a family haven't felt it as much as one would think. You have continued to help me with the girls and around the house, almost as much as you normally would. Thank you!!! This leads me to my final example of your diligence and one of the most important-your commitment to our family. Thank you for continuing to lead us and care for us. Your care has increased substantially as I have been in bed so much with migraines. I never hear you complain and I can tell that the girls absolutely love the time you spend with them. It is so hard for me to lay in bed and know that you have so much to do. Yet you make it easier for me by releasing me. And thank you for being diligent to help me follow the Drs orders even when I don't want to:)

So Buddy, you are my hero. I love you more and more every day and I thank God for you as often. Please know how grateful I am for you and your desire to serve the Lord in this difficult season that He has kindly placed us in. I love you TONS!!!!!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Awwwwwww! That's great! Happy Anniversary!

JJandFive said...

So sweet, Lindsay : )
Happy Anniversary!