Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Unemployed

The words I hoped I'd never have to write.  Jeremy got laid off on Monday of this week.  It was a shock.  We are still in shock.  It's quite surreal having him around here today.  Yesterday he went and cleaned out his office and said goodbye to those he has worked with for nine years. Basically his bosses said there's not enough work and too many project managers.  Nothing to do with Jeremy's performance.  Yes, he did have a church he's been working on for the past few years.  And we thought we had at least till March when his current project was to finish.  But here we are.
  I was laying on the couch watching TV.  He put the kids to bed and then came over to me and said, "I have something to tell you.  I got laid off today."  I said, "Whaaatttt?," as I sat straight up thinking surely I didn't just hear what I thought I did.
  Immediately Jeremy called our families and told them.  And I emailed my closest friends for their prayers and support.  And of course, they didn't disappoint.  One friend said, "Girl, God is so much bigger then unemployment and mortgages!"  So true.  That has been playing over and over in my mind since she said it.  And she's walking this road too.
  Here's what I know to be true.  God is Good all the time, even now.  He is super faithful.  He is up to something!  This road is not going to be easy.  There are many lessons the Lord will have for me and my family. He promises to care for us.  He has my best interests at heart.
  For now, we are going to plug away over here working on resumes and praying that God will give us wisdom to walk this road.  And I am going to enjoy my husband and the girls, they are going to enjoy Daddy.
  I will trust Him.  He is ever present, ever faithful.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Praying for you, Lindsay!!!