Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Girlie is gettin Big!



Today was Piper's 18 month check-up. She is doing well, Weighing in at 24 lbs 3 ounces and 32 inches tall. Can you believe that she is only in the 50th percentile for weight? What do kids in the 100th percentile look like??? Gees. I mean she has all kinds of fat rolls!! Don't get me wrong, I love each and every one of them but whew, the 100th percentile, poor kid. And her height is 50-75th percentile. And well, our kids have small heads. What can I say? She is only the 25-50th percentile for head circumference.
At our office they give you a form to fill out for well visits that asks you questions about your child like, "Are you concerned with the way they use their arms and legs," etc... Usually I just fill it out as quick as I can just to get done. No, No, No I circle all the way down the paper. But today I was pricked in my heart as I circled each "no". I was so grateful to God that I didn't have to circle any "yes'" I had to stop and thank Him for this healthy, thriving child he has given me. Thank you Lord!
I can't believe she is already 18 months old. It has flown by.

2 comments:

Boiler Girl said...

cannot believe that that girlie weighs as much as mine!!! holy cow!

Madeira girl said...

How fun! I think Gray is just a bit above that in weight, but my kids do tend to run thin... Good perspective on the questions. God is good!